Book Title: Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel (Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses & Dialysis Personnel)
Author: Judith Z. Kallenbach
Using a practical, straight-forward introduction to dialysis, this text is a must-have reference for health care workers caring for hemodialysis patients. Assuming no prior knowledge of patient care, nursing procedures, or dialysis principles, it takes an interdisciplinary approach to provide an overview of dialysis technology and the relationship of dialysis to nursing, nutrition, medicine, and psychosocial aspects of treatment. Each chapter is presented in a logical question-and-answer format that promotes critical thinking and engages the reader. Lifespan content, home dialysis considerations, and quick reference material enhance the text's comprehensive approach to care. Its up-to-date material and comprehensiveness also make it an excellent resource for dialysis technicians preparing for a certification examination.
- Features a question-and-answer format that streamlines the learning process and engages the reader.
- Offers comprehensive coverage including a review of fluids and electrolytes through transplantation, infection control and the important psychosocial aspects of dialysis treatment.
- Introduces new terms and concepts using simplified language style to assist the patient, novice health care worker, and technician with the learning process.
- Offers definitions of new terms and clear explanations of concepts along with the "how and why" of principles and effects to facilitate learning and foster critical thinking.
- Covers the lifespan with separate chapters on pediatric hemodialysis and end-stage renal disease in the elderly.
- Includes home dialysis therapies to provide instruction on this important aspect of care.
- Focuses on the roles of the multidisciplinary dialysis team, including the patient and the patient's family, to provide a comprehensive approach to dialysis and the related patient care.
- Provides an excellent resource for dialysis technicians preparing for a certification examination.
- Includes useful quick reference content - including nephrology organizations and resources, conversion table, and a glossary.
- Provides updated information to reflect current changes and technological advances in dialysis therapy.
- Features two new chapters that offer up-to-date and comprehensive coverage: Clinical Manifestations of ESRD and Laboratory Data - Analysis and Interpretation.
- Includes updated HCFA requirements and guidelines and DOQI guidelines to promote standards of nephrology care.
- Offers new and expanded pharmacologic information to provide readers with a current and complete resource.